E1: RDA: Printer Settings that is Defined in "File->Print Setup" Cannot be Saved when Working in Report Version Design Aid
(Doc ID 2166286.1)
Last updated on MARCH 13, 2018
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Version Design does not keep printer setting. In Report Version Design Aid, after assigning a printer in Print Setup, save the version, go back into Print Setup again, the printer assigned earlier is gone.
Steps to Duplicate:
- In Object Management Workbench (OMW) application (P98220), include a report version in an OMW project. This version can be copied from another version, or a newly added version.
- Highlight on the Report Version object in the project and select Design Button.
- In the Design Tools tab, select Report Design.
- In Version Design Aid, from File menu select Print Setup.
- Click on the ... button beside the Printer Name field.
- Select a Printer. Notice the Printer Name is very long.
- Click OK on the Print Setup window.
- Save the Design.
- Go back again and choose File -> Print Setup, however, the printer saved earlier is gone. It is shown as *NONE again.
This issue occurs when the printer name is very long. In this case the Printer Name (\\Tools910e.us.longdomain.com\TestPrinter1), contains the server name with the domain name. If a Printer name like \\Tools910e\TestPrinter1 is chosen instead issue does not occur.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document