E1: 43: P4021 Supply/Demand from P4310 Open Order Inquiry Shows Error Item Number Invalid
Last updated on DECEMBER 19, 2016
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Procurement and Subcontract Management - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In P41001 Branch/Plant Constants , Third Item Number Identifier is blank. When go to Row exit, Supply/Demand from Open Order Inquiry, the system do not inquire by Third Item Number Identifier and throws the error Item Number
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Setup in P41001 Branch/Plant Constants :
- Short Item Number Identifier = /
- Second Item Number Identifier = *
- Third Item Number Identifier = blank
Sign out , sign in
2. Enter a new item in P4101 Item master :
3. Assign the item to a branch in P41026 Item Branch .
4. Enter a purchase order in P4310 and save.
5. Find the order in P4310 and go to Row exit , Open Order Inquiry for this purchase order .
6. Access Row exit , Supply/Demand .
The system throws the error Item Number Invalid in P4021 Supply and Demand because Item Number is not Third Item Number Identifier as per setup in P41001 Branch/Plant Constants .
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms