Last updated on JANUARY 24, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Procurement and Subcontract Management - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
PO Receipts (P4312)
After applying ESU JM19921 which includes the fix for 9.1 Bug 20891717 - OVER RECEIPT OF OD FOR LOT CONTROLLED ITEM RESULTS IN INCORRECT QTY UPDATE ON SD, when attempting to receive a Direct Ship Purchase Order (OD) with multiple lines for more than the sales order quantity, the following error occurs.
Error Direct Ship Over Receipt Not Allowed (028E1)
CAUSE: Direct ship over receipt Not allowed under following scenarios
- If particular receipt line quantity is greater than its order line quantity.
- Receipt line causing over receipt is not last receipt line.
RESOLUTION: In direct ship order, each receipt line quantity should be lesser than its order line. Also receipt line causing over receipt should be last line during receipt.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create a Direct Ship Sales Order (SD) for 50 LB SUGAR, 60 LB APPLES and 70 LB CORNSEED
- Review the Related PO (OD)
- Receive the PO with 51 LB SUGAR, 61 LB APPLES and 71 LB APPLESEED. Error Direct Ship Over Receipt Not Allowed (028E1) is issued.
Since most products are sold by the pound it is common for vendors to ship slightly more than what was ordered. The error slows down order entry and creates a lot of extra work and wasted time for users in the production environment who have to work around the errors.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms