E1: AIS Is Adding <LF> And <CR> To Media Object Text in F00165
Last updated on JUNE 06, 2018
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
ActiveX Turned ON.
When multi-line text gets entered by JSON (either from JSON message or from Mobile App (e.g. Add Incident), it insert it successfully. However, when you try to export the text to Excel, it doesn't do anything.
"Add Incident" Mobile app allows entering multi-line text from a mobile device. The MO text gets updated in the F00165/GT54HS01B . The text shows up in the P54HS00 in the Grid (Media Object Description) .
When exporting the data to Excel, it doesn't export because it addes native <LF> to symbolize the line feeds. This issue is reported in 2091542.1, but AIS Integration should enter the data correctly so that data can be exporte to Excel.
Support has duplicated the issue using the Add Incident mobile app and also JSON message from soapUI.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Make sure to have activeX turned on.
2. Add a new incident from the "Add Incident" mobile app.
3. Enter a couple of lines in the Incident Description field
4. Add it
5. Go to P54HS00 and search for the new incident
6. Next, customize the grid to fetch only the incident number and the Media Object Description
7. use Export Grid Data option to export the grid data
8. Save it as a CVS and open it with Notepad++
9. In notepad++ go View::Show Symbol::Show All Characters and the issue shows.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms