E1: 45: Changing Price Variable Table (P4075) Clears Desc 2 field in UDC 40/VT
(Doc ID 2203107.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 04, 2019
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Advanced Pricing - Sales - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Price Variable Setup (P4075)
After upgrading from World to E1 Release 9.1, when changing an amount in the Price Variable Table (P4075), the Description 2 field in UDC 40/VT (F0005.DRDL02) is cleared.
Changing an amount in the Price Variable Table (P4075), should not clear the Description 2 field in UDC 40/VT (F0005.DRDL02).
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- To allow the Description 2 field to be displayed in UDC 40/VT, bring up the UDC and take the Form Exit to Code Types.
- Enter VT in the Code Type and click Find. Make sure the 2nd Line field is set to Y.
- When returning to the screen for UDC 40/VT, the Description 02 Field is displayed. Look down the list and find a Code (POAED00L) which has the Description 02 field populated.
- Enter the Price Variable Table (P4075) and populate the Variable Table name (POAED00L) and click Find. Select the record for update.
- This brings up the Price Variable Table (F4075) detail records. The most recent record for the Variable Table name (POAED00L) has an Effective Date of 10/16/2016.
- Go to the end of the table and add a new record at the end of the Price Variable Table (F4075) and add a new record for the Variable Table name (POAED00L) with an Effective Date of 10/17/2016. Save the table with the new record.
- Return to the UDC 40/VT table and look at the record for the Code (POAED00L) and notice the Description 02 field is blanked out.
- Using Databrowser to check the Price Variable Table (F4075) for variable name (POAED00L) we can see that the new record was created in the table for Effective Date 10/17/2016.
- Using Databrowser to check the User Defined Code Values Table (F0005) for the UDC Code (POAED00L) we can see that the Description 02 field was blanked out.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document