E1: 13: Prorate Flag N But R1304 Not Using Hierarchy
Last updated on JUNE 08, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Capital Asset Management - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using the R1304 Location Billings program and billing a historical location that has already been billed. If the unbilled portion of the location period is less than a month and when using Prorate Code = N in the P1302 Rental Rules, the system will not create a hierarchal billing but rather a prorated billing. Rental Rules P1302 Prorate Flag N = “Use the hierarchical basis until the monthly rate is reached (hierarchy is applied only for the history location record.” “For current location, the system generates the billing record only when the billing period is equal to or greater than one month. Only when the billing period is equal to or greater than a month, the system uses the monthly rate and prorates of the monthly rate.)” In this case the location is historical, the Prorate Flag = N, the period is less than a month so based on the above rule the R1304 should use the hierarchy i.e. Week, Days, Hours and not prorate.
Steps To Duplicate:
1. Using P1702 Create a new asset i.e. 111416 with Date Acquired 08/12/16 and Installation Date 08/12/16. In this test Company 50, and BU / Location 50 were used in the Accounting Tab. Click PK to save
2. Go to menu G1314 Work With Locations and confirm the asset is in Location 50 and is Current = C as of 8/12/16
3. G0 to menu G1343 Rental Rules P1302 and inquire on Company 50 Job 50 and confirm the Rate Table i.e. 01, Rate Code i.e. 03 = Monthly, and Pro Rate Flag = N in the defaults Tab.
4. From Menu G1343 go to Billing Rate Code Setup P13901 and inquire on the 03 Monthly Rate Code and confirm the hierarchy rate codes i.e. 02
Weekly, 04 Daily, and 01 Hourly are attached to the 03 monthly rate.
5. From Menu G1343 go to Equipment Rates P1301 and inquire on i.e. Rate Table 01 then using the QBE Line inquire on each Rate Code i.e. 03
Monthly, 02 Weekly, 04 Daily, and 01 Hourly just to confirm what each rate codes Billing Rate amount is.
6. Create a version of the R1304 with the Through Date Processing option set to 9/15/16 and and the Update Option processing option set to final
mode, all other processing options set to Blank. Data select on just the asset number.
7. Run the R1304 and check the PDF, notice it correctly used the hierarchy and billed the Current Location for 1 Month and 4 Days i.e.
8/12/16 to 9/15/16.
8. In the R1304 Change the Through Date processing option to 10/15/16and run the R1304 to bill the current location from i.e. 9/15/16 to
10/15/16. Run the R1304 and check the PDF, notice it correctly used the hierarchy and billed the Current Location for 1 Month i.e. 9/15/16 to 10/15/16.
9. Go to menu G1314 Work With Locations P12215 and transfer the from location 50 To i.e. Location Yard with an Effective Date of 10/31/16. This makes location 50 an Historical Location = H with a beginning date of 8/12/16 and ending date of 10/31/16.
10. Make note that location 50 has been billed twice i.e. 8/12/16 to 9/15/16 and 9/15/16 to 10/15/16 which leaves 15 days in Oct for location 50 left to be billed i.e. 10/16/16 to 10/31/16
which is 15 days.
11. In the R1304 Change the Through Date processing option to 11/15/16 and change the Final Mode processing option to Proof just so it can be run again and again if wanted. i.e. to get logs if needed.
12. Check the PDF and notice the R1304 did not use the hierarchy it prorated the 15 days. Given that the location 50 was Historical = H, the fact its less than a month i.e. 15 days, the prorate flag = N
the system should have use the hierarchy and bill for 2 weeks and 1 Day.However what it does is Prorates and Bills for 15 days. i.e. it calculates a daily billing rate of 32.26 X 15 = 483.90 which is incorrect
the system should "not" prorate in this situation it should use the hierarchy, based on the rule / help description for the prorate flag in the P1302.
13. Note Noticed in another test that if the Historical location has had no previous billings then the R1304 will use the hierarchy
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms