E1: 49: Incorrect Shipment Consolidation With Promised Ship and/or Delivery Date Change P42117
(Doc ID 2211676.1)
Last updated on APRIL 02, 2019
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Transportation Management - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.1 version, Transportation
DESCRIPTION OF PROBLEM
If a sales order line has been backordered and the Promised Ship and/or Promised Delivery Dates have been changed on the order detail line in P4210, P42117 will consolidate the released detail line back onto the original shipment number instead of placing the released line on a new shipment. This results in order detail lines with different promised delivery/ship dates for the same shipment which is not allowed in transportation. Per Doc ID 1080575.1, a change in the promised delivery or ship date should trigger a
new shipment number.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Set the transportation constants to Single Order consolidation.
2. Enter a 2 line transportation order. Both lines will be assigned the same shipment number.
3. Reinquire on the order and manually backorder line #2 and change the promised delivery and ship dates to be later than line #1. This will clear the shipment number for line #2 as expected due to the backorder.
4. Use P42117 to fully release the backorder for line #2.
5. Reinquire on the order in P4210 and notice line #2 has been assigned back to the original shipment number. The 2 detail lines have different promised delivery and ship dates. Line #2 should have been assigned a new shipment number because of this date difference.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document