E1: 49: Incorrect Consolidation With Backorder and Date Changes P4210
Last updated on AUGUST 24, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Transportation Management - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.1 version, Transportation
Incorrect shipment consolidation is occurring when an order has a backorder along with a promised delivery date and promised ship date change applied to it. Per consolidation logic, a new shipment should be generated for an order detail line whenever a promised ship or delivery date is change is applied to the detail line. This is not happening. There are 4 consolidation issues outlined in the scenario below. Please see related Bug 25216671 which deals with a similar issue with P42117 Backorder Release.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
The scenario below is complex. Please see attachments to further illustrate issues.
1. Enter a 3 line transportation order
2. Reinquire on the order via P4210 and force backorder the first 2 lines. Also, change the promised ship and Promise Delivery dates to different dates for each line
3. ISSUE #1: Use P4210 to release the first backorder line by moving the quantity back to quantity shipped. Notice the original shipment number is assigned even though the promised delivery / ship dates are different.
4. Release the second line. There are now 3 lines with 3 different promised ship / delivery dates.
5. Change the Promised Ship and Promised Delivery on Line 2. A new shipment number is generated as desired.
6. ISSUE #2: Now go back and put line 2 to the date it was first changed to in step #2 above. The result is line 2 is placed back on the original shipment.
7. ISSUE #3: Go to Work With Shipment > Row > Revisions > Detail > Remove Detail and remove the first 2 order lines from the original shipment. The first 2 lines are still put on one new shipment, ignoring (and updating) the promised delivery and ship dates.
8. ISSUE #4: Use P4210 to change back the promised delivery and ship dates to those input in step #2 for line #2. The original shipment is yet again assigned to the detail line.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms