E1: 49: Getting Unexpected Results When Setting Up Distance Source Field In The Transportation Constants (P49002) For a Shipment Depot With a Value of 2 – Preference Based.
Last updated on DECEMBER 13, 2016
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Transportation Management - Version XE to 9.2 [Release XE to 9.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Getting unexpected results when trying to set up the distance source field in the Transportation Constants (P49002) application for the shipment depot with a value of 2 – Preference based
1. Shipping Depot has distance source 2 - Preference
2. Ship-To Address on the Sales Order has Freight Preference (32) to set the distance from the given Shipping Depot to 2600 miles. Preference Hierarchy has Ship-To/All Items at first position.
3. Routing entry has freight schedule with one rate (Type 1 - Unit Amount, Basis Q - Looup1*Looup2, Lookup 1 is Distance in Miles - one entry for distances from 0 to 9999999999, Lookups 2 is Weight in LB - one entry for weights from 0 to 999999999; Rate table has one value - cost per LB*MI)
4. P4210 creates shipment. In P4915 the Row Exit Revisions/Shipment/Additional Info shows distance as 0. Row exit Miscellaneous Ship shows distance as 2600 miles.
5. Routing Options screen throws error "Distance Source not recognized" for the route with distance-based rate.
6. Manual override on the shipment revisions screen solves the problem.
Expected Result: Distance between Shipping Depot and Customer defined in Freight Preference should not only be visible in Miscellaneous Ship screen but should be passed to rating engine.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms