Last updated on DECEMBER 20, 2016
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Time and Labor - Version 9.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Per FLSA, overtime is paid after 8 hours in one day and/or 40 hours in the week. Overtime should be 1.5 times the employee's hourly rate. Then the employee received premium in addition to their regular hourly rate, the premium should be included in the OT calculation. How is this set up?
The employee is getting paid an additional $2.5 for 30 hours – the employee worked in a location that allows a ‘premium’
• EE is paid $10 per hour
• The EE works 48 hours in the week
• During the week he also receives premium pay for 30 hours @ 2.5 per hour
• His regular pay, therefore is 48*10 + 30 *2.5 = 555.
• Divide his regular pay by the number of hours worked (48) = 11.56 – this is now multiplied by 0.5 = 5.78
• 8 hours of overtime * 5.78 = 46.24
• His pay is: 48 *$10 = $480, plus 8 hours * $5.78 = $40 dollars PLUS 30 hours @ $2.5 per hour = $75 = grand total of $480+40+75 = $601.24
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms