E1: OVR: Oneview Reports Fail when Run Simultaneously by Many Users and BI Publisher Server Shows High Memory and CPU Consumption on BI Publisher Server
Last updated on MAY 15, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oneview reports fail to run when run simultaneously by many users. It works and produces the OVR output when run by around 5 users simultaneously but when run by around 15 users not all the users get the output. In some test scenarios, only 2 to 3 users get output out of 15 users.
Symptoms may include:
1. On-screen message - "JAS_MSG347: The query results expired. Refresh them by clicking Find again"
2. Below messages in e1root log:
3. No output even after waiting for a few minutes without any on-screen messages
4. Even for the users who get output, it might take more time than the usual expected time
5. High CPU utilization on BIP server
6. High MEMORY consumption on BIP server
It is observed that issue happens irrespective of whether using individual BIP user under user profile in E1 or proxy user. It is not related to huge data set as the issue happens even for small data set.
This issue may also occur if many OVR report components are used in E1 Composed Pages and the pages are set as default for many users causing the reports to be triggered by many users.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms