E1: 42: Commitments Incorrect After Partial Kit Line Shipment
Last updated on DECEMBER 06, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Management - Version 9.0 to 9.2 [Release 9.0 to 9.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When partially confirming kit component lines instead of just the parent, running the shipped lines through R42800 and purging lines to history, and then running R42118 to fulfill the backordered lines it splits the comp lines into decimal quantities.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create a simple kit with 2 stock components.
- Adjust in inventory for quantities of 5 EA for each component.
- Enter an order for a quantity of 10. The remaining 5 will backorder.
- Set processing options to Display kits by component lines only and Perform blind kit balancing.
- Confirm the component lines for 5 each.
- The component lines were split accordingly.
- Invoice the customer as the backordered material will arrive at a later date.
- R42800. Process the shipped lines in order to bill the customer. Set the processing option to purge F4211 to F42119.
- The order now shows just the 2 backordered lines.
- Adjust in inventory for both backordered lines.
- Run over the order to release the backorder.
- Review the order and note the lines have split with decimal fractions.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms