E1: 30: P3003 Routing Operations & Media Objects Corrupted When Changing Routing OPSC & OPSQ
(Doc ID 2226524.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 04, 2019
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Product Data Management - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a P3003 Enter Change Routing exist that has operation sequences that are marked as Alternate per the Type Operation Code field OPSC populated with i.e. A, and a Text and Media objects exist on each operation sequence. When changing the operation sequence numbers in the Sequence Number Operations fields OPSQ, along with the Operation Code field OPSC to attempt to change an operation from an active operation to an Alternate. Once OK clicked to save changes the P3003 creates a bogus duplicate operation with Text and Media objects attached. It also bogus Text and Media attachments to the existing operation along with completely corrupting the F00165 Media Objects storage file.
Steps To Duplicate:
1. Create a parent item stocking type M in the Item Master and Branch Plant
2. Create a P3003 Routing for the parent item with two operations i.e. Work Center 200-201 Operation 10 and Work Center 200-202 Operation 20.
3. On operation 20 make sure the Operation Code field OPSC is = A
4. Make sure both operations 10 and 20 have both a Text and Media Object attachment. Both Text attachments and Media / File attachments should be different so the corruption can be seen easily.
5. Click OK to Save.
6. Re-inquire on the Routing and change the Sequence Number Operations field OPSQ for operation 10 to 20, then Change OPSQ for operation 20 to 10.
Now go back to the first line which is now operation 20 and change Operation Code field OPSC to = A.
Then go to second line which is now operation 10 and change Operation Code field OPSC to = Blank. Click OK to Save
8. Re-inquire on the Routing and notice P3003 now has two operation 10's for Work Center 200-202. One has the Operation Code field OPSC = Blank ( this one is correct) the other has the Operation Code field OPSC = A ( this operation is incorrect / bogus)
9. Take a look at the Text and Media Object attachments for all operations and notice they are incorrect for both operation 10 lines. However Operation 20 is correct
10. Data Browse the F00165 Media Objects storage file for the parent item and notice its corrupted as well. There are 6 records when there should only be 4, this is because of the bogus operation 10 that was created.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document