E1: CHA: Questions Regarding the 9.2.X Tools ASI
(Doc ID 2241525.1)
Last updated on JUNE 19, 2019
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The goal of this document is to answer the following questions regarding the 9.2.X Tools ASI:
1. Does the ASI make any changes to shared data sources, such as SY920, OL920, and the Server Maps?
2. Does production need to be down when running the ASI for DV to ensure changes are not made to production?
3. Do the ASIs need to be applied to each pathcode separately and is a full package build required after applying the ASI?
4. Will installing the ASI affect any custom Grids that have been newly created or ones that were created in earlier releases?
5. Are all tables that have a table conversion as part of the ASI backed up?
6. Is there any way to get details of everything that the ASI add/changes/deletes?
7. Is there a TOI or video on installing ASIs?
8. Are ASIs cumulative?
9. Is there a way to uninstall the ASI?
10. Why do ASIs contain UDC updates when they could just be contained in the roll-up ESUs?
11. How does the ASI determine the Tools Release level?
12. Is it possible to run the ASI with zero downtime?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document