E1: 41: R41760 Shows False Variance For Potency Controlled Items
Last updated on MARCH 22, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Inventory Management - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.1 version, Inventory
When Standard Potency is applied at PO Receipt and the the transaction UOM is not the Primary UOM, a variance is shown when running R41760 if there are multiple location/lot records for the same location. Bug 22616677 - ITEM POTENCY CAUSES FALSE VARIANCE RUNNING R41760 was initially entered for this issue but only partially resolved it.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) P4101. Set up a basic stock item.
2) UDC 00/UM. Add a potency UOM.
3) P4101. Add UOM as primary = AP and secondary = KG.
4) P41002. Set UOM conversion where 1 AP = 1 KG.
5) P41026. Add the item branch record and set as a potency item.
6) P4310. Enter a PO for a quantity of 100 KG.
7) P4312. Receive the PO using option 4 to go into multiple locations. Create a new lot and location. Complete the receipt. Repeat the process and add two more lots for the same location.
8) P41202. Check availability for the location and it correctly shows 120.
9) P4111. Inquire on item/location. Item Ledger correctly shows 3 entries for 100 KG. Potency shows as 40.
10) R41542. Run the generation, not the full generation.
11) P41112. Inquire on item/location and period quantity shows correctly as 120.
12) R41760. Run the UBE over the item only to include all locations. The report output shows a variance on the last location and lot entered in P4312.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users see a false variance which then leads them to spend time tracking it down only to find the report was incorrect.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms