E1: FDA: TDA: Grid Display Not Honoring Index in Business View - The Data Sequence of the Index Does Not Take Effect
(Doc ID 2249038.1)
Last updated on JULY 10, 2019
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A new index is added to a table where data is sequenced by 5 columns and one of the column is sorted in Descending order. The index is then generated.
Next, the Business View which is used by the Interactive Application is changed to use this new index by performing the following steps:
- On fat client, enter OMW in fast path to run Object Management Workbench application.
- Move the Business View object into a project.
- Check out the Business View object.
- Highlight on the Business View and click Design button.
- On Design Tools tab, select "Start the Business View Design Aid".
- In the Table Joins window, Right Click on the table and select "Change Index"
- A Warning window appears with the message "You are about to: Change Primary Table Index.. Your selected column list will be changed. Continue?" Click Yes.
- Highlight the new index and click OK.
- Save the Changes.
- Check in the Business View.
- Advance the project if needed.
- Build and deploy an update package containing the object changes.
When the Interactive application is run on the web, the grid display is not honoring the business view index. The grid data is displayed in the same sequence as before.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document