E1: 42: Extended Price Override On Kit Does Not Stick
Last updated on MARCH 30, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Management - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Sales Order Entry (P4210)
During Kit Sales Order Entry (P4210) the user overrides the Extended Price so that it will match the bid that was given (on a spreadsheet) to the customer to win the sale. The manually entered extended price does not stick and gets recalculated.
The manually entered extended price should not be recalculated.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Item Number 8100 Raw Hydrochloric Acid is setup with a Primary UOM of GA. There is 1,000,000 (1 million) GA in stock.
- Kit Parent Item 8103 is 15% Acid/85% Water. Primary UOM is GA. Kit Pricing Method is 2.
- Kit Item 8103 Bill of Material uses 0.38800 GA of the Item 8100 (Raw Hydrochloric Acid) per 1 GA of 15% HCL.
- Base price for Kit Item 8103 is 7.69 per GA.
- Create a Sales Order for 144,000 GA of Parent Item 8103 and leave unit price and extended price blank.
- The Kit Selection Window pops up and calculates that 55,872 GA of item 8100 are required. Click Green Checkmark to OK the component quantity.
- The Unit Price Defaults in and Extended Price is calculated on the Line.
- The user blanks out the unit price and populates the Extended Price as $149,493.60 (this is the price promised to the customer in an earlier bid).
- When the user edits the line, the unit price gets calculated as 1.0382 per GA, but also the Extended Price is adjusted to 149,500.80 which is 7.20 more than the user entered.
- Using a calculator, multiply the quantity 144,000 x the price 1.0382 and note that it yields the amount $149,500.80.
- Again change the Extended Price to $149,493.60. After repeated attempts you finally get the Extended Price to stick.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms