E1: 43: M41207 Null Pointer And Server Connection
Last updated on APRIL 14, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Inventory Foundation - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.1 version, Inventory Search Mobile (M41207)
1) Using Mobile Single Sign On, and if opening any Mobile applications and then open the Inventory Availability(M41207) for the first time using Mobile SSO without User ID and Password entered, get error “java.lang.NullPointerException."
2) Use the Mobile Single Sign On to login into two Mobile applications (Customer Contact and Inventory Availability). Log out from both of them and close the applications. When re-opening the Inventory Availability application, get the following error:
instead of the “login” screen. It only happens using the Inventory Availability mobile application. Other applications show the login screen.
The application cannot connect to the server. Verify that you have a working network connection and that the server URL is correct in the application preferences.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Please follow the exact steps. Otherwise, not able to duplicate. This has been duplicated using TR 188.8.131.52 and the latest Inventory Availability Mobile Application that will be available on April 25, 2017. Duplicated on both iOS and Android.
1. If already have the Contact Customer and Inventory Availability mobile applications on the device, remove them both from your device.
2. Download Contact Customer and Inventory Availability from the appropriate store
3. Open the Contact Customer application and enter UserID/Password and login by clicking on the “Use Single Sign on” check box. If no check box displays, make sure that the setting “enable SSO” is turned on in the “Security Information” section in the AIS Configuration file (in Server Manager).
4. Then, open Inventory Availability application and click on “Use Single Sign On” check-box without entering User ID and Password.
5. Error “NullPointerException” is displayed. Only get this error for the first time. If enter the user ID and password and then click the “User SSO”, then can login successfully.
6. Try using any Mobile Application other than Inventory Availability. Shouldn’t see this error. Instead it will successfully log in after checking the box.
1. Login to the Contact Customer and Inventory Availability Mobile applications using the “Use SSO” option.
2. Log out from both of the Mobile applications
3. Close the Mobile applications
4. Open Inventory Availability mobile application.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot use mobile SSO with Inventory Availability, M41207.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms