E1: 31P: Purchase Order Creation Fails For Non-Stock PO Lines Created From Work Order Parts List for ETO Work Order
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 13, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Engineer to Order - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating Equipment Work Orders via an ETO Project and attempting to generate Purchase Orders for Work Order Parts List detail lines without items associated to them, and with non-stock Line Types, the system does NOT generate the purchase orders. If stock lines and line types are defined in the WO Parts List, the system correctly generates the Purchase Orders. Additionally, when attempting the same process outside of ETO, Purchase Orders are correctly generated.
STEPS TO DUPLICATE:
1. Behind the Versions tab of P31P001, note the version of Equipment Work Order Entry (P17714) is ZJDE0003 and the version of Equipment Work Order Parts List (P3111) being used is ZJDE0002.
2. From P31P001, select an ETO Project to edit.
3. In the Project Workbench, create a WM Task Type to create an Equipment Work Order. Take the Equipment Parts List More Task Actions option.
4. From the Parts List, create two detail lines without an item number and with non-stock Line Types (in this example J on one line and N on the other line). Ensure that the Supplier Number field is populated with a valid Supplier.
5. After the lines are created, select them both and take the Create PO Row exit.
6. Not that the Related PO/SO No field is populated with a number, and the Rel Order Type field is defined as OP. Click the Save icon to retain the changes to the Parts List.
7. Go to P4310 to review the purchase order but note that it does not appear in the form.
8. Go to Databrowser and verify the same as the records do not exist.
9. Now perform a test outside of ETO. Create an Equipment Work Order via P17714. Note the Version of P17714 is Version ZJDE0003 just as it was with the ETO test.
10. Behind the version of P17714, note that Processing Option 6 is defined with a Parts Detail Version (P17730) of ZJDE0002 which is again consistent with the ETO test.
11. Go to the Work Order Parts List and again create detail lines with non-stock Line Types J and N.
12. Again create generate purchase orders from the Row exit.
13. Two different tests were done. One to not consolidate purchase orders (OPs), the other to consolidate the OPs. Save the Parts List.
14. Via P4310, verify that the purchase orders (OPs) are correctly created. The test validates that the system generates purchase orders for lines with non-stock line types via P17714 outside of ETO. When the same test is performed from ETO, the test fails as no purchase orders are created with the same parameters.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms