Last updated on APRIL 24, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Entry - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Update Price/Cost (R42950) UBE does not update unit cost in the sales order if this UBE is calling from Sales Update(R42800) and the Inventory stock is relieved during Sales Update (R42800).
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Set up Cost(P4105) for an Item and Branch :
- Costing Methods Sales/Inventory = 02 Weighted Average
- Unit Cost
2. Enter a Sales order(P4210) for the item and change the unit cost in this order .
3. Change the Unit Cost in P4105 for the item and branch.
4. Shipment Confirmation(P4205) without release the inventory stock .
5. Call the Update Price/Cost (R42950) UBE from Sales Update(R42800) and relieve the inventory during Sales Update (R42800).
The R42950 did not change the cost in the order and the Sales Update R42800 has processed with the cost manual updated in the order.
Note : as per document E1: 42: Shipment Confirmation Application (P4205) (Doc ID 2099073.2) , tab Inventory On Hand :
"Note: If the inventory was relieved during Shipment Confirmation (P4205) or the cost was overridden at time of Sales Order Entry, the cost can no longer be updated using the Update Price/Cost (R42950) UBE. This is to avoid integrity issues with the Item Ledger (F4111) file.
The workaround is to call the Update Price/Cost (R42950) UBE from sales update and to relieve the inventory during Sales Update (R42800). In this case, the cost can be updated, because an Item Ledger (F4111) record will be created afterwards."
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms