Last updated on APRIL 27, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Advanced Job Forecasting - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Cost Engineers need to be able to keep track of the impact the changes they make to the forecast are having on Total Job Revenue, Cost and Margin. The request is for these totals to display in the header section of the screen and be updated either interactively or at least when the User Saves the Forecast. There is no easy way to obtain Revenue, Cost and Margin information currently without constantly running reports. The total at the bottom of the screen displays only the sum of all costs and revenue (Margin). Given that jobs tend to run 12,000 to 20,000 rows routinely, it takes a significant amount of time to inquire on the job from the beginning and scroll to the end only to get a net difference, especially when the user has limited the inquiry to a specific Cost Code. They need to clear the QBE line, inquire and scroll to the end. This process routinely takes 5 – 10 minutes per inquiry.
The totals at the top of the screen need to be able to provide totals for the entire job subject to the following parameters:
• Use the JCCA AAI ranges to determine the Revenue Accounts for the Forecast Revenue Amount
• Use the JCST AAI ranges to determine the Cost Accounts for the Forecast Cost Amount
• Margin will be the difference between the Revenue Amount and the Cost Amount
• Revenue should be displayed as a positive amount, even though it is stored in the system as a negative
• The sign on the display of Margin should also be reversed. Profit is a positive number, Loss is a negative number
• The totals displayed on the screen need to take into account any Processing Options on the P51F100 which define the Cost Code Ranges.
• The totals displayed should NOT be bounded by any ranges or values entered In the QBE row.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms