E1: 49: Manual Planner Allows Pick Suggestion Created with More Quantity if Split Locations
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 14, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Warehouse Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Warehousing
Tools Release: 9.2
Program: P4600 - Manual Planner
When using the manual planner to create a suggestion for a pick request, if enough total inventory is available, the Open Requested Quantity is allowed to go negative if the quantity is split into two different locations. The error Quantity Invalid (0855) should be given if the quantity being suggested is greater than the requested open quantity.
1. Setup a new item for Warehousing in a WMS branch.
2. Enter a purchase order for a quantity of 40 and process the putaway request and suggestion into two different locations to add available inventory to those locations.
3. Review the quantity available in the F41021 and F4602 to ensure there is a quantity of 20 on hand and available in two locations.
4. Create a sales order that will create a pick request for a quantity of 20.
5. Go into the Manual Planner (P4600) and select the row exit for manual planner.
6. Split the quantity into two locations, but input a quantity of 15 for each location that has quantity (created in step 2). The system does not throw a Quantity Invalid error and allows the requested quantity to go negative.
7. Click OK and the suggestion will be created for a total quantity of 30, which is more than was ordered. A quantity of 20 still remains on the sales order.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms