E1: 49: Inconsistent Date Calculation with Supply and Demand Based on Requested Date
(Doc ID 2261151.1)
Last updated on MARCH 19, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Transportation Management - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
E1 Release: 9.1
Program ID: P4210
Tools Release: 9.1
User enters the requested date (DRQJ) on orders that are routed through transportation and uses the call to Supply and Demand (P4021) from Sales Order Entry to retrieve the Promised Available Dates to the Sales Order. When there is currently no availability and Supply and Demand returns a future Promised date to the Sales Order, then it does override the Scheduled Pick Date (PDDJ), Promised Ship Date (PPDJ) and Promised Delivery Date (RSDJ) with the Promised Date.
When the order is confirmed and the shipment is created Transportation Routing will forward schedule from the pick date. This works, except when the Promised Date from Supply and Demand and the Requested Date (DRQJ) entered on the order are exactly the same. In that case it back schedules updating the Pick, Promised Ship Date to dates prior to the Supply and Demand Promised date.
1) Create new item with no availability
2) Create PO which will provide supply for this item some time in the future (06/07/2017)
3) Enter SO for Transportation with 3 lines with 3 different requested dates
- Line 1 has DRQJ a day before the supply will be received
- Line 2 has DRQJ the same day the supply will be received
- Line 3 has DRQJ a day after the supply will be received
4) Select all lines and take Row Exit to Supply and Demand P4021
5) Note Promised date is 06/07/2017
6) In the P4021 grid select the line that shows the supplying purchase order and click OK to return to SO entry
7) Note that Promised date from S&D overwrites the Pick date, Promised Ship and Promised Delivery Date for all 3 lines
8) Confirm order and Re-inquire
9) Note that line 1 and 3 got forward scheduled correctly based on the Pick date which is the Promised date from S&D
However for line 2 which had DRQJ = Promised date, it incorrectly back scheduled from the Promised delivery date
populating the Pick and Promised Ship date with dates that are prior to the Promised date
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document