E1: 42: Web Exception When Changing Matrix Line With Powerforms SO Entry (P42101)
Last updated on OCTOBER 16, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Sales
Powerforms SO Entry (P42101)
When attempting to change a sales order with more than 10 lines using Powerforms SO Entry (P42101) where the 11th line entered is a Matrix Parent Item the following error occurs when clicking on the Go to End Button to display the 11th record.
Select Application Failure Header Label
There was a problem on the server while running the business function
S421002C_SOLIneViewController. Please exit the application and restart it.
Despite the error, the order is created including the matrix item lines, and can be processed all the way through Sales update (R42800) with no further problems but the error comes up every time you reinquire on the order to make changes. The issue does not occur using traditional Sales Order Entry (P4210). If the matrix item is line 1.000 of the order the issue does not occur. It only occurs if the matrix item is line 10 or greater and if Powerforms SO Entry (P42101) is the program used for sales order maintenance. The client finds they can eliminate the error if they blank out the Sales Order Detail Matrix Control Line Number field (F4211.MCLN) with SQL.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Use Powerforms Sales Order Entry (P42101) to create a sales order. Enter the first 10 lines using non-matrix items. On the 11th line enter a Matrix Parent Item and edit the line.
- When the Matrix Order Entry Screen Appears, populate a quantity in one of the cells and clicks OK to save.
- The screen is returned with the full item number. Click OK to submit and close. Notice that the Matrix Control Line number is populated with 1.000 on line 12.000. The order is saved without error.
- On the Manage Existing Order screen, populate the order number and click Find. Records are returned to the grid and no error occurs.
- Enter the Edit Sales Order screen. Records 1 – 10 are displayed. Click on the Go to End Button to display the 11th record. The spinning ball appears on the screen to indicate the program is not done processing.
- After about 30 seconds the system responds with the Select Application Failure Header Label Error Screen. Click the X to leave this screen.
- The system then responds with a Web Client Exception Error Screen.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms