Last updated on MAY 04, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Capital Asset Management - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to Enter an Asset in the P1702 Equipment Master if a new asset is entered and the Serial Number, Product Model, and Product Family are the same as another asset
the following error occurs Error ID 0075 Duplicate Item / Unit/ Serial Number which is correct and desired. However if the R1201Z1 Asset Master/Equipment Tag Inbound Processor is used to create an asset using the same Serial Number, Product Model, and Product Family as an existing asset the R1201Z1I creates the new asset with the duplicate Serial Number, Product Model, and Product Family without error, this is incorrect.
Steps To Duplicate:
1. Go to Equipment Master P1702 and enter Asset 123 with Unit Number 123U, Serial Number 123S, Product Model C100 and Product Family CBX
2. Also using P1702 Create another asset 321, Unit Number 321U, Serial Number same as above 123S, Product Model C100 and Product Family CBX both same as above
Notice Error Error ID 0075 Duplicate Item / Unit/ Serial Number this is correct.
3. Now go to the processing options of the version of P1702 being used and in the Export Tab processing option 1 enter JDECSMS
4. Using P1702 Created Asset 321, 321U, 321SN Prod Model C100, Product Family CBX This is just to create an outbound Record in P1201Z1.
5. Go To P1201Z1 Work With Unedited Asset Master Transaction and Change the View Direction to Outbound and Inquire on Asset 321 in QBE Line. One record comes up highlight the row and Row Exit to Tag File Revisions P1217Z2 to confirm the Product Model and Product Family are populated with the same values as asset 123 i.e. C100 and CBX. Exit out of P1217Z2 back to work with Unedited Asset Master Transaction P1201Z1
6. Select the record to go to edit mode and Change the following: Direct Ind from 2 outbound to 1 Inbound, Asset Number to i.e. 456, Unit Number to 456U, Parent Number to 456, However Serial Number will Be same as asset 123 i.e. 123SN. So Serial Number 123SN, Product Model C100 and Product Family CBX are all duplicates of asset 456. Click OK to Save
7. Now Change View to Inbound and Inquire on asset 456 in QBE line
8. Select the record and take not of the Transaction Tr Ac (TNAC) field = 02 and Serial Number = 123SN
9. Go to Batch Version and Create a version of R1201Z1I Asset Master/Equipment Tag Inbound Processor In the Processing Option Process 1 Tab processing option 1 = em processing option 2 = 1 and Data select on Transaction Tr Ac (TNAC) field = 02 and Serial Number = 123SN
10. Run UBE R1201Z1I and check PDF and work center for errors. Notice there is no Errors this is “Incorrect” R1201Z1I should have give Error Duplicate Item / Unit / Serial Number Error ID 0775 on PDF and in the Work Center.
11. G0 to menu G1311 / P1701 and inquire on newly add asset 456. Select the record to move to P1702 Equipment Master and notice the asset has been created with Duplicate Serial Number , Product Model and Product Family as asset 123. i.e. Serial Number 123SN, Product Model C100, and Product Family CBX. Without error.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms