E1: 42: This Serial Number Is Not Available Error (074W) at Ship Confirm (P4205)
(Doc ID 2266826.1)
Last updated on MAY 16, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Shipment Confirmation (P4205)
When attempting to Ship Confirm (P4205) an order and populate the Serial Number at the time of Ship Confirm, the following error occurs.
This Serial Number is Not Available (074W)
CAUSE . . . . This serial number is not available. It is "committed" to one of the following: Quantity in Operation, Quantity in Transit, or Quantity in Inspection.
RESOLUTION. . Replace the serial number in error with one that is available from inventory.
The client expects that if Lot Process Type (SRCE) = 4, they should be able to create the serial number on-the-fly during the Ship Confirm (P4205) transaction.
It is inconvenient for the company to have to assign serial numbers at the time of PO Receipt (P4312). Items are purchased all at one time in very large quantities but shipped out to customers one item at a time over a long period of time. It is much more convenient if they can assign the serial numbers as they go out to customers than all at once when they are received.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- An inventory item is setup with Lot Process Type (SRCE) = 4 (Serial number assignment is optional except during shipment confirmation. Quantity must not exceed one.)
- Create a Purchase Order for 5,000 items
- Receive the entire Purchase Order Quantity but do not assign serial numbers, because it takes too long.
- Create a Sales Order for one item.
- Ship Confirm (P4205) the item and enter a Serial Number that does not yet exist in the Lot Master (F4108) or Item Location (F41021) file.
- When attempting to commit the sales order transaction, two errors are displayed
- Lot does not exist in the Lot Master (022N)
- This Serial Number is Not Available (074W)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document