E1: BSFN: jdePPRand API Does Not Generate Random Numbers on Linux Machines
Last updated on JUNE 21, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.2 and later
On : 9.2 version, Tools - Business Function
Using jdePPRand() API to generate unique numbers does not create a sequence with unique values.
1. Create a custom Business Function in which jdePPRand is used to generate 10 unique numbers.
2. Pass the seed to jdePPRand by using jdePPSRand(time(NULL)).
3. Create a custom Report that calls the custom Business Function to output the list of 10 unique numbers.
4. Observe that the list contains a sequence of 2-3 numbers that are repeating, thus not unique.
5. jdePPRand should be a wrapper for rand_r C function. With this C function the output on a Linux machine is as below:
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms