E1: GRID : Can't Export to CSV File With Special Character Like '®'
Last updated on NOVEMBER 03, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9.1 to 9.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Issue is with Export to CSV Format when the detail has special character like ®. This special character is showing "?" instead of "®".
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Use Purchase order standard program P4310
2) Select purchase order and go inside the detail
3) Copy the text like “Testing®” from notepad or any other Text pad and paste in the Description2 Field
4) Export file using export to CSV option and select the file encoding as x-ECU-CN (because default language is simplified Chinese)
5) The Result: Output is showing question mark “?” instead of "®"
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms