E1: RDA: Edit Override Set in Report Database Output is being Ignored
Last updated on AUGUST 25, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Edit Override set within Database Output of a report is being ignored. In the database output, Edit Override, a Display Rule custom Named Event Rule (NER) Business function is called to format date to DD/MM/YY. However, this edit override display rule is ignored when the report is run. Edit Override only works for Interactive Application when configured in Form Design Aid (FDA) but does not work when configured in Database Output in Report Design Aid (RDA).
Need to run Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) in US and EU. US user profiles have MDY date format with "/" separator. The EDI output file generates dates as MM/DD/YY and the EDI translator is set to handle this format. EU user profiles have DMY format with "-" separator. The EDI output file generates dates as DD-MM-YY. Unfortunately this is throwing an error in the EDI translator. There is a need to have all EDI output dates to be standardized regardless of user profile set up.
Steps to Duplicate Issue:
1. Create a custom data structure (example D55TEST) with the following members:
2. Create a custom NER (example N55TEST) which uses the above custom data structure. In its event rule call business function B9800460
3. Build the custom NER using busbuild.
4. In Report, go to Section -> Database Output. On a date field select checkbox "Edit Override" and then click on ... button. Then select Display Rule and select the custom NER.
5. Save the Report and run the report locally.
6. Edit Override is being ignored.
(Refer to attached document "DatabaseOutputwithEditOverride.doc" for more detail on how to duplicate this issue)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms