E1: 31A: IH Units Not Posting Correctly In F0911 When B1 And B3 Reported Differently
Last updated on JANUARY 16, 2018
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Shop Floor Control - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After Taking 9.2 ESU's JN13444 Baseline and ESU JN13494
If the F3112 Routing file has B1 CTS1 Unaccounted Direct Labor Units Existing in the file via a manual entry through i.e. P31122 Hours & Qty / R31422 Hours Update, then P31123 Super Back Flush is run to Report B3 Machine Hours. Upon running the R31802A MFG Accounting program for the WO, the R31802A will correctly write the F0911 IH JE Amounts, but the IH JE Units in the F0911 are not totaled correctly as only the manually reported B1 hours have their units written to the F0911. The B3 Hours reported through Super Back Flush don't get their units written / updated to the F0911. Therefore the total Amounts do not represent the total units correctly i.e. the total amount is not divisible by the total units to calculate the correct per unit labor cost
Steps To Duplicate:
1. Make sure the Branch Plant Constants P41001 are set to write units to Journal Entries.
2. Create a Parent Item and Component in the Item Master / Branch Plant. Also Create P4105 records for both the parent and Component Sales Inv = 07 Purchasing = 08 and give the component 08 cost = $2.00
3. Create a P3003 Routing for the Parent Item with two operation steps 10 and 20. On Op10 enter B1 Direct Labor Hours = .05 and PC Code of M. On Op20 enter B3 Machine Hours = .06 with a PC Code of B. Also Creat a P3002 BOM for the Parent with the component on the BOM Qty of 1, Operation Seq = 10, Issue Code = U
4. Go P3006 WC Rate and make note of the B1 and B3 WC Rates Both Simulated and Frozen
5. Simulate and freeze 07 Frozen Standard Cost for the parent item and component using R30812 followed by R30835 then make note of the 07 simulated and frozen cost in the P30026 for the parent Item and Component
6. Using P48013 Created a WO for the parent item i.e. Qty = 5 and attach the Part list P3111 and Routing P3112
7. Manually report B1 hours to Op10 for i.e. 2 Hours using P31122 / R31422
8. Use Super Back Flush P31123 and only report B3 Hours i.e. .30 to Op20
and Complete the WO for Qty Of 5.
9. Run R31802A in final mode data selecting on the WO and notice the JE Amounts are correct for IC, IH and IM. i.e. $58.16 for the IH JE.
10. Go to menu G3116 / P0011 G/L Review and inquire on the Batch number created by R31802A to view the IH JE in the F0911. Drill into the IH JE and notice the units are incorrect they only show 2.00 units when the total labor units reported was B1 2.00 + B3 .30 = 2.30 Units Total. Because the units are incorrect reconciliation of the Amounts to Units cannot be done i.e. $59.76 / 2.0 = $29.88 labor hours per unit this is incorrect as it should be 59.76 / 2.3 = $25.98 labor hours per unit
11. Note if the same test is done however both B1 and B3 hours are Super Back Flushed using P31123 at the same time, or Both are reported at the same time during a manual Hours And Qty entry P31122 and update R31422, followed by running the R31802A the F0911 IH units will total correctly.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms