Last updated on SEPTEMBER 13, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Requirements Planning - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version
Occasionally an MRP Order Message (O or B) is given when an existing purchase order meets the demand. This happens when the existing order has an Effective Date prior to the Recommended Completion Date that is on a Non-Work Day (Weekend or Holiday).
Existing Order should be adjusted and no New Order Message generated.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Parent Item Lot for Lot, Component Item Periods of Supply
2. Parent Item 0 Leadtime, Component 35 day Leadtime - Parent has Manufactured Effective Days = 4 Component has Purchased Effective Days = 2
3. Parent Item Message Display Fence = 30 days
4. MRP Processing options set with Defer Damper Days = 3, Expedite Damper = 0
5. Forecast for Parent exceeds what is on hand
6. Existing OP for Component = Demand for component
7. Adjust Forecast Date so that Request date should move in/out across a weekend
8. For certain dates a New Order message is given when none is expected/desired.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms