E1:TR: Choosing IBM XL C COMPILER and JDK For Tools Release Multi Foundation 9.1.3.x and 9.2.1.x
(Doc ID 2310166.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 22, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
You are in the process of upgrading your tools release to 9.2.1.x (Tools only) using multi-foundation on existing Enterprise Server (IBM AIX 7.1) with following development tools installed:
- JAVA: JDK 1.6.0 IBM J9 2.4
- C Compiler: IBM XL C 22.214.171.124
- Current Enterprise foundation is 9.1.3.x
The target tools release will be 9.2.1.x (9.2.1.x) which is certified with development tools:
- JAVA: IBM JDK 1.8.*
- C Compiler: IBM XL C 126.96.36.199
Your plan is to perform in-place upgrade of the above per-requisites before proceeding with tools release upgrade (including Multi-foundation).
However, as per certifications, current tools 9.1.3.x is not certified with the TO-BE JAVA & C Compiler.
1) In this case, how to proceed with this multi-foundation of tools 9.1.3.x and 9.2.1.x ? i.e,Since there is no common supported compiler and Java version available for these tools releases.
2) Advise on the risks of running TR 9.1.3.x with C Compiler: IBM XL C 188.8.131.52, also JAVA: IBM JDK 1.8.*
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!