E1:TR: Choosing IBM XL C COMPILER and JDK For Tools Release Multi Foundation 9.1.3.x and 9.2.1.x
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 22, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
You are in the process of upgrading your tools release to 9.2.1.x (Tools only) using multi-foundation on existing Enterprise Server (IBM AIX 7.1) with following development tools installed:
- JAVA: JDK 1.6.0 IBM J9 2.4
- C Compiler: IBM XL C 188.8.131.52
- Current Enterprise foundation is 9.1.3.x
The target tools release will be 9.2.1.x (9.2.1.x) which is certified with development tools:
- JAVA: IBM JDK 1.8.*
- C Compiler: IBM XL C 184.108.40.206
Your plan is to perform in-place upgrade of the above per-requisites before proceeding with tools release upgrade (including Multi-foundation).
However, as per certifications, current tools 9.1.3.x is not certified with the TO-BE JAVA & C Compiler.
1) In this case, how to proceed with this multi-foundation of tools 9.1.3.x and 9.2.1.x ? i.e,Since there is no common supported compiler and Java version available for these tools releases.
2) Advise on the risks of running TR 9.1.3.x with C Compiler: IBM XL C 220.127.116.11, also JAVA: IBM JDK 1.8.*
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms