E1: 43: Prior End Balance Forward Invalid Error (4427) Instead of Warning (0065)
Last updated on OCTOBER 12, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Procurement and Subcontract Management - Version 9.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
PO Entry (P4310)
When changing a PO line with a G/L date in a prior fiscal year, if Interfaces Tab Processing Option #2 (PBCO Warning) in Purchase Order Entry (P4310) is set to Blank (Issue warning) the program issues a hard error “Prior End Balance Forward Invalid” (4427) instead of issuing the warning “Prior End Balance Forward Invalid” (0065).
The hard error is issued by F4311EditLine (XT4311Z2) on line 12254.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- In Company Constants (P0010) for Company 00001, the Fiscal Year Start Date (DFYJ) is 1/1/2017.
- The Purchase Order to be changed has a G/L date of 10/05/2016 which is before the first day of the current fiscal year (1/1/2017).
- In the General Accounting Constants (P0000) the Allow PBCO Postings checkbox is checked. This setting allows amounts to be posted to the Account Balances (F0902) table in an accounting period that is before the current period. The PO with a G/L Date of 10/05/2016 is a prior period and with this setting should be able to be changed.
- The PO Entry (P4310) Version used to change the order has Interfaces Tab Processing Option #2 (PBCO Warning) set to Blank (Issue warning). With this setting a change to the PO should result in a warning not a hard error.
- Change the Quantity from 10 to 11 and edit the line. The PO Entry (P4310) version responds with the Hard Error “Prior End Balance Forward Invalid” (4427). The processing option setting should cause the warning “Prior End Balance Forward Invalid” (0065) not the hard error.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms