E1: 49: Billable Charges Created Dependent on Order of Shipments on the Load
Last updated on DECEMBER 11, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Transportation Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
E1 Release: 9.2
Program ID: P4960
Tools Release: 9.2
When 2 shipments are added to a load, with a common destination (1 Delivery), and 1 shipment has Freight handling code PP (Freight Prepaid - SPHD=2) and the other shipment has Freight code FP (Freight Pre-pay and Add - SPHD=Blank), then billable charges are not calculated depending on the sequence of the shipments.
If the shipment with the lower shipment number has Freight code PP then no billable charges are calculated on either shipment or the load.
If the shipment with the lower shipment number has Freight code FP then billable charges are calculated, although they are overstated because they are rated on the weight of the entire load (Delivery weight) not the shipment weight.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) P42430: Set up 2 Customer Sets for the 2 different Ship To and the same Deliver To
2) Enter a sales order for each of the Ship To, Note both shipments have the same Ship To based on Customer Sets and are routed with the same Route
3) Make sure the shipment with the lower shipment number has Freight Handling code = PP, and the shipment with the higher shipment number has Freight Handling code = FP
4) P4960: Enter a load and Add both shipments
5) Check load charges and there is no billable charge and Neither shipment shows a Billable charge
6) Confirm Load and Run Freight update, No Billable charges are created
7) Enter another 2 orders
8) This time make sure the shipment with the lower shipment number has Freight Handling code = FP and the higher one has FRTH=PP
9) Add both shipment to a new load
10) Note that both shipments show a Billable charge, However it is for the total weight of the load rather than the individual shipment weight
11) Run Freight update
12) Billable charge is added to the order/shipment with FP Freight code, but it is for the total weight of the load
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms