E1: 43: Receipt Reversal Creates Unnecessary Zero Balance Adjustment
(Doc ID 2321184.1)
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2023
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Procurement and Subcontract Management - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
PO Receipts Reversal (P43214)
Reversing a PO Receipt with Landed Costs for an item with 03 Inventory Cost Level, causing the inventory quantity to go to zero results in a Zero Balance Adjustment of 9.40 to be written to the Item Ledger that should not appear because there was no change to the cost to warrant a zero balance adjustment. Instead of a balance of 0.00, the Item Ledger now has a balance of +9.40, due to the bogus zero balance adjustment record written.
The issue is duplicated with the following steps:
- Create a new lot controlled item with Inventory Cost Level 3, Purchase Price Level is 2, Primary UOM = PK, but Purchasing UOM = CA. Set the UOM Conversion (P41002) to 300 PK per 1 CA.
- Set a Purchase Price in the Supplier Catalog (P41061) of 107.23 per CA.
- Setup three Landed Costs (P41291).
- Import Duty G/L Cat (LC21) Plus Amount (PAMT) (0.2241 per unit) Include in Cost (Y) Voucher (N)
- Brokerage Fees G/L Cat (LC24) Plus Amount (PAMT) (0.0344 per unit) Include in Cost (Y) Voucher (N)
- Freight G/L Cat (LC20) Plus Amount (PAMT) (0.0032 per unit) Include in Cost (Y) Voucher (Y).
- Create a Purchase Order (P4310) for 940 CA of Item, Branch and Supplier.
- Setup a Version of PO Receipts (P4312) with Process Tab Option #6 (Landed Costs) to 2 (Perform Blind Processing).
- Receive the Purchase Order in Full. Lot Number is assigned. Post the Receipt Batch (R09801).
- Check the Item Ledger (P4111). There was one record added for the item and three records added for the Landed Cost.
- Setup a Version of Receipt Reversal (P43214). On Version Tab Option #3 (Receipt Reversal) specify the Receipt Version you used.
- Process Tab Option #1 (Reversing Capability) is set to 1 (allow reversals). Landed Cost Tab Option #1 is set to blank (do not summarize G/L).
- Perform the reversal selecting only the item line and leaving the landed cost alone.
- Check the Item Ledger (P4111). Despite the fact that inventory costs on this lot never changed, there was a Zero Balance Adjustment of +9.40 to be written to the Item Ledger (F4111) which should not have been written.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document