E1: 53: Future Records - Chg Req GL Dates Allowed To Change Without Creating F0911 Records (P5310)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 06, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Project Costing - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Users frequently enter a Change Request and forget to enter the correct GL Date for the Change Request, which causes the GL Date to default to today’s date. After the Change Request is entered Users have the ability to change the GL Date on the Change Request by following the steps below. The sequence below does not update the F0911 or F0902 with the entries that would be dictated by Change Management. Note: There is no Status/Ledger Type change here –only the GL Date of the Change Request. This is causing Data Integrity issues between Change Management and the Revised Budget Amounts and Units.
Users will need to be able to change the GL Date when the Amounts change or when the Status changes, so locking the GL Date out completely is not a good resolution.
There are two possible ways to resolve the issue:
· Track the status the Change Request was last saved at (in the example below ‘5’. When the status is the same as that last saved, do not allow the GL Date to be changed.
· When the GL Date is changed, create the F0911 and F0902 changes (reverse entries with the previous date and book them with the new date) that are required to keep the Change Management (F5311) Table in sync with the F0911/F0902 tables.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Enter a job
2. Add accounts
3. Enter a Change Request where the GL Date accidentally defaults to today’s date (the correct GL Date should be 3/31/17)
4. Verify Change Request is added to JA Ledger Type
5. To correct the issue – set the status to ‘0’ (do not click save) – the GL Date opens for entry
6. Change the Status back to 5 (the same status as before) – the GL Date Field remains open
7. Set the GL Date back to 3/31/17 – click Save. The GL Date is updated in Change Management
8. Review JSI for updates – no changes are made to the F0911 to show the Budget moved back to 3/31/17
9. F0902 is not updated either
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms