E1: 40: Posting Edit Code 'M' in Inventory, Sales, and Procurement (Case Study)
(Doc ID 2326399.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 09, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Procurement and Subcontract Management - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The purpose of this document is to explain as-of behavior of posting edit code 'M, Machine-generated transactions only' in Inventory, Sales, and Procurement. The confusion may come in perceiving the words "machine-generated transactions only". Is the automatic account returned based on the settings in DMAAI considered 'machine-generated'?
Data Dictionary Definition
- Alias- PEC (Posting Edit Code)
- Definition: A code that controls G/L posting and account balance updates in the Account Master table (F0901).
- Valid values are:
- Blank Allows all posting. Posts subledgers in detailed format for every account transaction. Does not require subledger entry.
- B Only allows posting to budget ledger types that begin with B, J, K, L, M, N, O or U.
- I Inactive account. No posting allowed.
- L Subledger and type are required for all transactions. Posts subledgers in detailed format for every account. The system stores the subledger and type in the Account Ledger (F0911) and Account Balances (F0902) tables. If you want to report on subledgers in the Financial Reporting feature, use this code.
- M Machine-generated transactions only (post program creates offsets).
- N Non-posting. Does not allow any post or account balance updates. In the Job Cost system, you can still post budget quantities.
- S Subledger and type are required for all transactions. Posts subledgers in summary format for every transaction. The system stores the subledger detail in the Account Ledger table. This code is not valid for budget entry programs.
- U Unit quantities are required for all transactions.
- X Subledger and type must be blank for all transactions. Does not allow subledger entry for the account.
Note that this document shall not deal with other posting edit code because it is not the scope of this document.
Possibly, this document explains the question Why P4310 with line type SC (Stock Inventory & G/L Account; which has Inventory Interface 'C') ends in error when account number from DMAAI is set 'M'? But inventory transaction does not issue any error?
Error Posting Edit Code Does Not Allow Entry
The posting edit code does not allow transactions to be posted to this
Blank - all postings are allowed.
'N' - the Account or Business Unit does not allow posting.
'B' - only budgets may be entered for an account.
'S' or 'L' - a subledger and type must be entered for all transactions.
'X' - a subledger and type are not allowed for any transactions.
'I' - the account is inactive, posting is not allowed.
'K' - the final budget is "Locked" or frozen and budget changes must
be entered using journal entries.
'U' - units are required for all transactions.
'M' - only machine generated transactions are allowed for this account.
The posting edit code is defined for business units in the Business Unit Master
file (F0006) using Single Business Unit Revisions or Job Master Setup. The
posting edit is defined for accounts in the Account Master file (F0901)
using G/L Account Structure programs and Job Cost Basic/Speed Budget Setup.
Control Id 1
Control Title Grid
Event Row is Exit & Changed - Asynch
Line No 1049
Source File b0000108.c
Source Line 176
Error ID 0069
BSFN DSTR Item 47
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!