E1: 43: Retainage to Release Amount Invalid (434B) Error When Adding a Line to Cancel Retainage
(Doc ID 2327700.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 13, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Procurement and Subcontract Management - Version 9.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Progress Payments (P4314 Version ZJDE00015)
When attempting to add a negative J line type amount to zero out a retainage amount during a Release Retainage transaction, the following error occurs.
Retainage to Release amount invalid (434B)
CAUSE . . . . The sign of the Retainage to Release cannot be different from the Previous Amount Retained, and the Retainage to Release must be between 0 and Previous Amount Retained. If the Previous Amount Retained is 100 the Retainage to Release must be greater than 0 and less than or equal to 100. If the Previous Amount Retained is -100 the Retainage to Release must be greater than or equal to -100 and less than 0.
RESOLUTION . . Enter a valid Retainage to Release amount.
Error is issued by Line 2697 of F4314EditLineInternalFunctions (XT4314Z2.c)
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create a Subcontract order
- Create a Progress Payment Voucher with Retainage
- Using the Progress Payments Version of Voucher Match (P4314 ZJDE0015), select Match Type Retainage to Release from the dropdown list and enter the voucher match screen
- Enter an invoice number, then go to form > release retainage:
- Select the retainage line from the select retainage to release screen and click OK
- Enter a negative line to offset the retainage amount and receive the error “Retainage to Release amount invalid” followed by the error “Invalid Selection Code”
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document