E1: 43: Enhancement to Exclude Sales Tax from Retainage Calculation
Last updated on NOVEMBER 13, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Procurement and Subcontract Management - Version 9.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Voucher Match with Progress Payment Interface (P4314 Version ZJDE0015)
When creating a subcontract voucher for 2,000.00 with 5% retainage and 10% taxes, the Gross Amount is calculated as 2,090. The retainage is calculated as 110
- The client expects the gross amount to be 2,200 (Extended Amount + Tax)
- The client expects the retainage to be calculated as 100 not 110 (tax not included in retainage calculation)
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- On Tax Rate Area Setup (P4008) set tax rate to 10% on DEN.
- On J Line Type Constants (P40205), Include In Tax field is set to “Y”.
- On Supplier 4347 (P04012) Tax Rate Area is DEN and Tax Explanation Code is S.
- Populate Subcontract Header information with 5% retainage and DEN tax at 10%.
- Enter a line for 10,000.00 confirm it is taxable and has DEN tax rate area and 5% retainage.
- Go into Progress Payments (P4314), Find the Contract you created, select Contracts to pay and select the green checkmark.
- Pull in the Contract to match, change the Payment Amount and Amount to Voucher to 2,000.00 with 5% Retainage and 10% Tax. Gross Amount is calculated as 2,090. The retainage is calculated as 110.00.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms