E1: SEC: Global Password Policy Does Not Work As Expected When Long Password Feature Is Enabled
(Doc ID 2329598.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 26, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On a JD Edwards EnterpriseOne system having Long Password Feature enabled when attempting to set a password according to the Global Password Policy, the password is not validated accordingly
The issue can be replicated at will by following the below steps:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Change the Global Password Policy from Form Exit in P98LPSEC as follows:
- Minimum Password Length: 2
- Minimum Number Of Numerics: 2
- Maximum Consecutive Characters: 3
- Minimum Number Of Characters: 2
- Minimum Number Of Special Characters:2
In F98OWSEC, the BLOB field for *POLICY record has been updated showing: 2|2|2|3|2
2. Try to validate the following passwords:
- dddcba44321!; -----> the password change hasn't been successful although it was compliant (3 consecutive characters);
- ddcba44321!; -----> the password change has been successful;
Long Password Feature has been enabled and a specific Global Password Policy has been set
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document