E!: 48S/52: WorkFile Generation Pulls In the Incorrect Currency Amount When Journal Entry Has Multiple Currencies (R48120, F4812)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 20, 2017
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Contract and Service Billing - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a user creates a journal entry that crosses companies (business units/accounts) with multiple currencies, the Workfiles generation (R48120) is incorrectly bringing in the wrong currency amount into the workfile table (F4812). This is noted when the journal entry is entered for Company with CURR 1 but the first line in the journal entry is for Company with CURR 2. The journal entry is entered with the currency code for the first entry line. The post correctly records the amounts for each currency. However, when the R48120 runs over the F0911 table for the billable amounts, it is bringing over the wrong currency amount (Brings the amount over without regard to exchange rate).
This can duplicated with the following steps:
- Using two companies - USD (co 50) and CAD (co 77)
- Using Jobs under each company - BU 6100 (CO 50, USD) and BU 7100 (Co 77, CAD)
- Create two accounts for each BU. 6100.7310 and 7100.7310
- Create contract 149 for BU 7100 (CAD)
- TEST 1: Create Journal Entry with USD account as first line for CAD Company and Post. Expect 18975.00 CAD to come into CSB.
- TEST 2: Create Journal Entry with USD account as first line for USD Company and Post. Expect 18975.00 CAD to come into CSB.
- TEST 3: Create Journal Entry with CAD account first for CAD Company and Post. Expect 8250.00 CAD to come into CSB.
- TEST 4: Create Journal Entry with CAD account first for USD Company and Post. Expect 8250.00 CAD to come into CSB.
- Run R48120 for each batch individually. (I.e. run R48120 four times using data selection where F0911.ICU=Batch number from test).
- Review Workfile Revisions showing incorrect amounts from what is expected based upon Journal Entries. Test 1 brings in 8250 CAD for contract 149
|BATCH||Test||Expected CAD Amt (Post)||Workfile Amount|
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms