E1: 31A: R31802A Creates Blank A1 F3102 Records For Zero Cost Co/By Items With Completed Units
(Doc ID 2330451.1)
Last updated on MAY 01, 2018
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Shop Floor Control - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Given a scenario where a user decides to have Co / By items setup with Zero Cost i.e. No P30026 / F30026 07 Frozen Standard Cost ( Which is not Supported), when running the R31802A over a process work order, the system will incorrectly update the P31022 / F3102 with bogus Blank Amount A1 records for the Co By Items with Zero Cost. Note the bogus A1 records have Zero Amounts and incorrect Short Item Numbers and Units.
Steps to Duplicate:
1. In the Item Master/Item Branch (P4101, P41026), create one process item,
three M stocking type items (co/by product) and one P stocking type items
2. In the P3003, create a process with two operation sequences for the R
stocking type item.
3. Select the first operation and consume the ingredintes on that sequence.
4. Select the second operation in the process and make all co/by products
5. In the Co/By Product Revision screen, make one co-product consume 100% of
the feature cost; enter 0% for the other two co/by products.
6. Run the Simulate Cost Rollup (R30812) over the process item; make sure
that processing option 1 in the Process Mfg tab is set to 1.
7. Run the Frozen Cost Update (R30835) over the process item; make sure that
the option in the Process Mfg tab is set to 1.
8. Inquire on the Cost Components application and verify that the system
created simulated and frozen costs for the process and one of the
co-products. The zero cost co/by products should have not frozen costs.
9. Create a work order for 10 runs of the process item.
10. Attach parts list and routing (R31410 or interactively).
11. Issue material (P31113), report hours (P311221) and complete co/by
products to standard.
12. Run the R31802a in final mode.
13. Inquire on the work order in Production Cost Inquiry, P31022. In the
Display tab, click on CoBy and select Amounts and Units. Make sure to display
the Completed Amounts and Units Column. Notice that the system correctly shows completed units
amounts for the co-product with 07 Frozen Standard Costs. It also incorrectly displays a Bogus A1 cost type line for the Co / By Items with Zero Cost. Note the bogus A1 record has Zero Amounts, Blank 2nd and 3rd item number, incorrect Short Item Number, and completed units for all zero cost CO / By items are totaled on that one line.
14. If this is Re-tested with the Co / By items setup with supported 07 frozen standard cost, the bogus A1 lines are not written.
The system displays all co/by products in the P31022 / F31022, with correct Completed Amounts & Units.
Note: If the exact same test is done in 9.0 and early versions of 9.1 the issue can not be duplicated. That is the Bogus / incorrect A1 Lines are not written to the P31022 / F3102 at all for Co / By Items with unsupported Zero 07 Frozen Standard Cost.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!