E1:42W: Wrong Shipment Number After Running Fulfillment Release Twice on the Same Item On the Same Day
Last updated on JANUARY 10, 2018
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Fulfillment Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Fulfillment Release (R4277703)
When a Order is in Fulfillment , and a line is edited and partially release from fulfillment , system assigns a new Shipment number to unfulfilled line . The line which is fulfilled is processed thru Pick Slip print and is available for approval in Transportation management.
If user goes back and releases more quantity from the unfulfilled lines , system assigns the same shipment number as first line . now there are 2 lines in the system with same shipment number , one is pick confirmed and ready to be processed , the other is still unfulfilled .
Steps to Duplicate
- A new Fulfillment Management Transportation Sales order is entered in the system with 560 units of, one item , and a shipment number 8491 is assigned to line 1.0
- Order is available in the Fulfillment Workbench (P4277701).
- The user uses the Edit Fulfillment Button in Fulfillment Workbench (P4277701) manually to Fulfill 56 of the 560 units.
- The user then uses the Release Fulfillment Button to partially release the 56 of 560 units from Fulfillment splitting the order line.
- The unfulfilled line (1.1) has a new shipment number 8492 with 504 units unfulfilled.
- Before approving and ship confirming the 56 units on line 1.0, the user uses the Edit Fulfillment Button in Fulfillment Workbench (P4277701) manually to Fulfill 56 of the 504 units on Line 1.1.
- Before approving and ship confirming the 56 units on line 1.0, the uses the Release Fulfillment Button to partially release the 56 of 504 units on line 1.2 splitting the order line and assigning a shipment number as follows:
- Line 1.1 now has 56 fulfilled on shipment number 8492 (from the first release)
- New line 1.2 has 448 unfulfilled units on shipment number 8491
- Now there are 56 fulfilled units on shipment number 8491 for line 1.0 and 448 unfulfilled units on line 1.2 for shipment 8491.
- When fulfilled and unfulfilled quantities exist on the same shipment 8491, it is not possible to approve the shipment and ship confirm the shipment because 448 of the units are not shippable
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms