E1:07Y: 2017 1099 MISC Filing for Non-Employee Compensation
(Doc ID 2347361.1)
Last updated on MARCH 16, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne US Payroll - Version 9.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The latest IRS publication 1220 clarifies the 1099 Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act of 2015, specifically for Non-Employee Compensation filing due date changes and the associated penalty notifications for Non-Employee Compensation on 1099s when filed after the early electronic filing cutoff.
For more information, please review the PATH Act clarification regarding Non-Employee Compensation in the latest Publication 1220: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p1220.pdf
With the PATH Act, the electronic filing deadline for 1099-MISC forms for Payers with Non-Employee Compensation amounts in Box 7 is January 31 starting with the 2017 tax year.
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne provides the following solutions to be compliant with the IRS filing due date requirement (See publication 1220 for distinction on the two different filing dates):
- Complete all electronic filing by Jan 31st, or
- Complete electronic filing by Jan 31st only for those individuals that have Non-Employee Compensation reported in Box 7 on 1099-MISC, and complete a second electronic filing by March 31st for the remaining 1099s.
- If option 2 is chosen, you will need to identify all individuals that have Non-Employee Compensation to be reported in the first filing (Jan 31st). Run the R07871 1099 Summary to determine which employees have Non-Employee Compensation for Box 7. Then you may either:
- Data select on the 1099 magnetic media build or,
- Run a separate build with EEs with non-employee compensation Pay Type for Box 7 and process normally (without data selection)
For more information on creating 1099s, please refer to the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Applications US Payroll Year-End Guide.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document