E1: 42: Production Number Not Copied To Split OT Line By Backorder Release (R42118)
(Doc ID 2350438.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Management - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Batch Backorder Release (R42118)
When Batchj Backorder Release (R42118) is run with the Commitments processing option activated on a Sales Transfer Order (ST) which has a production number, and a partial quantity is available in inventory, the production number is not copied to the split line on the Transfer Purchase Order (OT).
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Sales Order Entry (P4210) Version for Transfer Orders is set to generate production numbers automatically during Transfer Order Entry.
- The Sales Transfer Order (35460 ST) is created for 5 units From Branch 218 to Branch 218S. There is no inventory in stock at this time, so the ST order goes on backorder, but the production number 218S7335 is still assigned. The related Transfer Purchase Order is created (118119 OT).
- Review the related Transfer Purchase Order (118119 OT) and verify that production number 218S7335 is assigned.
- Production Number Workbench (P34403) shows the production number on line 1 of the ST sales order (35460 ST) and line 1 of the related OT purchase order (118119 OT).
- Production Number Workbench (P34403) shows two work orders were completed adding 2 lot/serial numbers with 1 item each to the quantity with the production number 218S7335.
- Item Availability (P41202) shows the two lot serial numbers that have a quantity of 1 EA and are not yet committed to any sales orders.
- The Commitments Processing Option (Process Tab Option #3) is activated on the Backorder Release (R42118) program.
- After running the Batch Backorder Release (R42118) the Production Number Workbench (P34403) shows the ST Sales Order (35460 ST) now has 3 lines (1.000, 1.001 and 1.100) with the production number 218S7335, but the OT Purchase Order (118119 OT) only has 2 lines (1.000 and 1.001) with the production number 218S7335. The split OT line (1.100) for the remaining backordered quantity has a blank in the production number field.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document