E1: OCI: Oracle JD Edwards Announces Enhancement to Move and Upgrade JD Edwards EnterpriseOne on Cloud Infrastructure
(Doc ID 2364440.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 31, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 8.98 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle is pleased to announce an enhancement that further streamlines and simplifies the process to upgrade to JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.2 and also enables customers to perform an upgrade as part of their move to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. This will significantly reduce the time and effort required to upgrade JD Edwards EnterpriseOne to a current production instance and accelerate the Lift & Shift to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
Enhancement to Simplified Upgrade
Simplified Upgrade, which provides JD Edwards EnterpriseOne customers the ability to upgrade faster, at a lower cost, and with minimal impact to their customizations, has been enhanced to include patching as part of the upgrade process. The JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.2 environment (target environment) is provisioned with the current Application patches and Tools release by leveraging JD Edwards One-Click Provisioning. This removes days to weeks out of the upgrade process, resulting in cost reductions and faster time to production. Customers can leverage the new upgrade process to JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.2 for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI and OCIc), or on-premises and private cloud deployments.
Benefits of Simplified Upgrade to a Code Current Environment
• Supports lift and shift to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and upgrade to JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.2 current environment
• Eliminates the need to manually install Tools and Applications updates released since 9.2 GA
• Reduced cost, time, and effort to upgrade JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
Supported Source Environment
• Release: JD Edwards Enterprise One Applications releases 9.0.2 and 9.1
• Platform: Linux with Oracle Database
For more information, see the following resources:
• Upgrading JD Edwards EnterpriseOne to Release 9.2 on a One-Click Provisioned Target Environment
Today’s announcement demonstrates Oracle’s continuing investment in JD Edwards products and our commitment to our customers to enable their journey to a digital enterprise.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document