Oracle Announces JD Edwards EnterpriseOne User Experience Enhancements, New Mobile Features, Modern ERP Enhancements, and Tools Digital Transformation Features - April 2018
(Doc ID 2379789.1)
Last updated on MARCH 12, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Real Estate Management - Version 9.1 and later
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Health & Safety Incident Management - Version 9.2 and later
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.2 and later
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Orchestrator - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
What Are We Announcing?
Oracle JD Edwards today announces significant customer-driven product updates to empower companies on their journey to becoming digital enterprises. These enhancements provide companies transformative solutions to innovate in the digital economy and to run their business their way.
Extending its commitment to JD Edwards EnterpriseOne applications, Oracle is announcing the availability of new UX One features, customer-driven ERP enhancements adding to modern digital solutions, and legislative and localization updates.
We are also announcing Tools release 188.8.131.52, which includes Notification Platform and Orchestrator enhancements to drive digital process transformation, and updated platform certifications.
6/13/18: Translations are now available on the Update Center Under type JD Edwards EnterpriseOne.
JD Edwards continues to enhance the user experience through UX One by providing navigation capabilities on Analytic Components. Additional roles and their Analytic Components now provide drill-down and right-click options on context menus with a selection of applications that can be launched. This allows users to easily navigate from analytic graphical presentations to review and act upon detailed master data or transaction information.
UX One Analytic Components provide real-time, transactional information to JD Edwards end users in an intuitive and graphical format. Users are able to visually analyze current business conditions and more easily identify problems that need attention. Navigation from the Analytic Components allows users to quickly take action.
Additional roles that now include drill-down and context menus are:
Accounts Payable Manager
Accounts Receivable Manager
Procurement Pricing Operations Manager
Sales Agreement Manager
Service Contract Manager
Service Operations Manager
Wine Cellar Manager
Mobile Employee Time Entry
A Mobile Employee Time Entry phone application is now available for employees to easily capture, review, and submit their time whether they are in the office or at the job site. This application can be configured to meet the specific data collection requirements of each role in an organization, providing users a simple user interface limited to the time card information relevant to their role. A graphical representation presents users with a view of the time card status and hours entered for the period.
Customers and partners can now leverage Oracle Mobile Application Framework (MAF) 2.5 when building new or modifying existing mobile applications integrated with JD Edwards. This provides the latest features and fixes when using the JD Edwards Mobile Framework with MAF. MAF 2.5 is the first release of MAF to support the latest version of Apple’s Xcode (Xcode 9) in addition to updating the embedded Cordova platform engines for iOS and Android.
Modern Digital ERP Enhancements
In October 2017, JD Edwards announced our EnterpriseOne Notifications capabilities. This new functionality is more than just a pop-up alert; the notification system enables workers to remain in touch with critical conditions and events that happen continuously throughout the enterprise. Notifications are available to subscribers even when not signed in to the JD Edwards system, raising awareness and enabling quick action.
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne has delivered 35 notifications that will make it easier to quickly adopt this new functionality and bring immediate business value to our customers.
Your users can subscribe to these notifications as is; your notification designers can personalize them for your unique use cases; or they can be used to seed new ideas for notifications for your specific business needs.
The delivered notifications support key business processes and functional areas throughout the JD Edwards footprint. See the chart below for a summary of the delivered notifications.
Find more information on Notifications at LearnJDE.com. For details on the notifications now available, refer to the “Appendix for Delivered Notifications” section in each individual functional application user guide or this KM Article.
The capabilities and significance of the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Orchestrator as a framework to enable Digital Transformation continue to progress. This release includes orchestrations to help automate a Procure-to-Pay process with a supplier portal system that previously would have required integration customizations. Customers can quickly adopt these orchestrations and drive immediate business value in your organization.
- Orchestration to update Last Status and Next Status of a Purchase Order
Integrating JD Edwards purchase order transactions with a supplier portal often requires an update to the state or status of the purchase order lines. JD Edwards has delivered an orchestration that automatically updates last status and next status of a Purchase Order without requiring a custom modification. For example, this orchestration can take an inbound acknowledgement or shipment message from a supplier portal and automatically update the associated purchase order detail lines with the appropriate transaction status.
- Orchestration to retrieve Purchase Order information
A JD Edwards procurement integration with a supplier portal can be greatly improved with the ability to automate the creation of the A/P voucher. Automating the voucher creation will likely require that the supplier include purchase order information along with the invoice. JD Edwards has delivered an orchestration that makes detailed purchase order metadata available for the associated purchase order document. This metadata can then be made available along with the associated Purchase Order document for any related process such as the submission of an invoice.
- Orchestration to add a batch Voucher based on a supplier Invoice
Integrating JD Edwards purchase order transactions with a supplier portal provides the opportunity to automate the creation of the A/P voucher based on the supplier submitting an invoice. JD Edwards has delivered an orchestration that will load the suppliers invoice in JD Edwards. This orchestration can take the supplier invoice information from a supplier portal, along with the purchase order information described in the previous orchestration and use that information to automatically load the supplier invoice. The invoice, along with the receipt provides the information necessary for Voucher Match Automation to create the A/P voucher. Orchestration Samples and setup instructions here: P2P
Human Capital Management
Paid Sick Time Compliance
JD Edwards has enhanced Pay, Deduction, Benefit, and Accrual setup and processing to make it easier for HR benefits and payroll administrators to comply with various US federal, state and local paid sick time laws. Enhancements to trigger accrual calculations for time worked on federal contracts, and the ability to manage inception-to-date limits for individual jurisdiction accruals as well as a maximum inception-to-date limit across all accruals ease the burden on the employer of complying with the various local, state and federal laws. Review MOS Article for more details.
This release delivers the following Legislative updates:
- Lease Management Enhancements to support FASB ASC 842 / IASB IFRS 16 Regulations
- Enhancements to JD Edwards Health & Safety Incident Management and HR Health & Safety to Address OSHA Compliance
- New OSHA regulations require US companies to electronically submit their OSHA 300A log through the OSHA reporting website. JD Edwards Health & Safety Incident Management and HR Health and Safety have been enhanced to produce a CSV version of the 300A log that meets OSHA’s standards for electronic submission.
- Health and Safety Incident Management and HR Health and Safety have been enhanced to support OSHA regulations for recording and reporting serious or fatal occupational injuries. New fields have been added in both systems to facilitate capturing additional information about ‘reportable’ serious and/or fatal occupational incidents.
Review Doc 752291.1 for details.
This release delivers the following Localization updates:
· Argentina NEW FORMAT PROV0517N REPLACE PROV0517 FROM AFIP
· Brazil Correction Letter (CC-E)
· Brazil NFE XML 4.0 Groups I and K
· Brazil DIGITAL SIGNATURE IN XML FILE, ELECTRONIC NOTA FISCAL
· India GST Release 6 - Phase 2
· India GST Release 6 - Phase 1
· India GST Release 5
· India E-Way
· Mexico Electronic Accounting Update Version 1.3 - Polizas
· Poland JPK Purchase and Sales VAT Register Updates
· Poland Split VAT
· Spain SII VAT Annual Tributary
· Spain Online VAT (SII) - Investment Goods
· Spain SII XML for First Semester of 2017
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools Release 184.108.40.206
Tools Release 220.127.116.11 provides customers with new innovation benefiting all of our Applications including Notification framework enhancements, new Orchestration integration capabilities, and updated platform certifications.
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Orchestrator continues to provide significant functionality for automating EnterpriseOne transactions and interfacing with external systems. The following recent enhancements to Orchestrator further expand its capabilities:
- Process Recorder allows a user to create a form service simply by recording the step-by-step actions directly in the EnterpriseOne applications. For example, a user could create a form service to return the status of equipment by turning on the Recorder, launching the Work with Equipment Master application, querying on a piece of equipment, selecting the equipment, and turning off the Recorder. The user can choose what information, in this case equipment status, to return from the form. The recorded process can be a single form or a chain of forms, known as an “application stack.” The resulting form service can then be edited in Orchestrator Studio and included as a step in an orchestration. The process of recording the steps is more intuitive, requires less training, and is less error-prone than building the form service manually in Orchestrator Studio, allowing a broader range of citizen developers to participate in the process of creating form services.
- Report is a new type of service request that allows an orchestration to launch a report (batch job) as an orchestration step. Values for data selection, data sequencing, and version overrides can be passed into the service request as inputs, or they can be saved in the service request as defaults. The result of the process is the same as if the report had been run manually, and the report output file can be manipulated using the File Transfer feature.
- File Transfer allows an orchestration step to move a file to a given location using REST, FTP, or SFTP protocols. For example, after a JD Edwards report completes, a file is typically written to a JD Edwards specific output location. Using the File Transfer feature, an orchestration step could automatically move that file from the JD Edwards report output location to another location, such as the Oracle Content and Experience Cloud Service, from where yet another automated process may be triggered. Leveraging this feature to dynamically transfer files can remove the development and maintenance of custom solution to perform the same functionality.
- Confirmed Completion of Orchestrations provides a set of logged data about the events—and possibly exceptions or errors—that may have occurred during the execution of an orchestration. Administrators can monitor the logs to ensure that orchestrations are completing as expected and react to correct any errant results.
- Orchestrator Studio version 6.1 includes some usability improvements and enhancements:
- Users can define an input as an array to process many items in a single orchestration. For example, you can define an orchestration that adds equipment to the Equipment Master application. You can then input an array of data to create many equipment records in a single orchestration.
- Users can pass the application version as an input to a form service request, allowing the same form service to behave differently depending on which version is specified at runtime.
- The Studio can automatically load the inputs of form services as orchestration inputs, relieving the user from having to type them manually.
- Resilient Scheduler allows multiple instances of the Scheduler for executing orchestrations and notifications. The multiple instances of the Scheduler behave like a cluster, providing fault-tolerance and scalability solution.
The Notifications feature, recently released in October 2017, allows users to subscribe to alerts and messages that the system automatically detects via Watchlists and orchestrations. Tools 18.104.22.168 delivers the following new Notification enhancements:
- Assigned Subscriptions allow a user with designated authority, for example a manager, a team leader, or an administrator, to subscribe other individuals to notifications by role. For example, an Accounts Payable manager might subscribe everyone in the Accounts Payable role to a notification. The assigner can decide if the notification is mandatory or if individuals can opt out. This feature helps to propagate important notifications to users without each having to subscribe individually.
- Performance Characterization provides a study of the Notification feature under various load scenarios. A discussion of how the Notification feature affects overall system performance, architectural recommendations, and sizing guidelines will be provided in a forthcoming performance white paper to be published on LearnJDE.
JD Edwards Personalization Framework
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne continues to empower citizen developers and enrich the extensibility frameworks to help customers personalize and extend their solution at low cost without creating barriers to stay current with JD Edwards. Form Design Aid FAQs.
- Adding Business View Column to EnterpriseOne Inquiry Only Forms
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne now supports extending a query form with the ability to add additional business view columns to the form. This is done from the browser without the need for a developer and is saved as a user defined object. This new user defined object (Form Extension) can be further personalized by existing user defined object such as Advance Query, WatchList, and One View Reports. This will be helpful for customers to build holistic solutions using additional information. For example, you would like to add sales category codes to the customer service inquiry application and later use them as part of Advance Query and WatchList to create alerts based on sales category codes. This personalization will help customers to retire customizations they might have done while adding such information using traditional tools like Form Design Aid to meet their industry and role requirements.
- Personalization of Menu Exits
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne now supports personalization of menu exits on all applications. This will greatly simplify the navigation and personalize the EnterpriseOne form to meet role and industry requirements. As an example, some applications have numerous form and row exits while the users only require a few exits. Users can show, hide, and rename form exits right from Personal Form experience.
- Personalization of Grid Labels
JD Edwards now supports the capability to personalize grid labels from the Grid Format user defined object. This will be very helpful for customers to personalize grid labels with more intuitive names for their user base. As an example in the Work with Journal Entry application, you can personalize the grid column “PN” to be a more specific “Accounting Period”. This will help a new user base easily understand the context and content of the application. The customized grid labels work for both table view and list view grid formats.
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne deployments depend on a matrix of interdependent platform components from Oracle and third-party vendors. The product support lifecycle of these components is driven by their vendors, creating a continuous need to certify the latest versions of these products to give customers a complete technology stack that is functional, well-performing, and supported by the vendors. Tools 22.214.171.124 includes the following platform certifications:
- Oracle WebLogic Server 126.96.36.199
- Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) 188.8.131.52
- Oracle Mobile Application Framework (MAF) 2.5 for Mobile Foundation
- Oracle Developer Studio 12.6
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Platform Statement of Direction is published on My Oracle Support (Document ID 749393.1). Refer to this document for a summary of recent and planned certifications as well as important information about withdrawn certifications.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Modern Digital ERP Enhancements|
|Human Capital Management|
|Localization Updates |
|JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools Release 184.108.40.206|