E1: 43: Match Voucher to Open Receipt (P4314) Tax Amount Rounding Issue Causes Penny Variance in Voucher Batch
(Doc ID 2379956.1)
Last updated on JUNE 24, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Procurement and Subcontract Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using the P4314 Match Voucher To Open Receipt program to do a 3 Way Voucher Match for a PO that has a Tax Area Rate setup, the Tax Amount total in field (STAM) in the header of the P4314 is incorrect due to incorrect rounding for specific PO detail lines in the Tax field. This causes a bogus penny .01 variance journal entry to the PV Batch.
Note in 8.12, the above Tax Rounding issue does not occur for specific PO detail lines. Therefore there is no bogus penny .01 variance journal entry to the PV Batch
Steps To Duplicate:
- Go to P4008 inquire on Tax Rate Area CO and setup i.e. Tax Rate of 8.875
- Go the G43A11 / P4310 and enter PO using supplier that uses S explanation code and the above rate/area CO.
- Enter three detail lines for the same B line type Item using the following: Order Qty 10, and Unit Cost. i.e. 17.09, 3.28, and 9.64 respectively. Click OK To Save
- Go to Menu G43a11 / P4312 Enter Receipt By PO and receive all lines and quantities
- Go to Menu G43a11 / P0411 Match Voucher To Open Receipt, Click Add to P4314 Match Voucher To Open Receipt – Voucher Match and enter Branch Plant, Supplier, and any Invoice Number. Then Form Exit to Receipts To Match and Voucher Match all Lines and QTY’s. While in the P4314 make note of the Tax amount in the Header of 26.63, and Tax amount of 8.55 in the grid for the line item with an Amount of 96.40. In 8.12, these amounts are 26.64 and 8.56 respectively.
- Go to Menu G43a15 / P0011 inquire on the O batch from receipt and Post the Batch using R09801.
- Go to Menu G43a15 / P0011 inquire on the V batch from Voucher Match and Post the Batch using R09801.
- Check the R09801 PDFs for both batches i.e. the OV / O Batch and PV / V Batch.
- Notice in the OV batch, the Tax JE generated for the item that cost 96.40 is 8.56. However, during P4314 Voucher Match the Tax was 8.55
- Now check the PV / V Batch and notice the penny variance .01 JE generated due to the P4314 incorrect tax rounding of 8.55 for the item that cost 96.40
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document