E1: 48: Need To Utilize Vertex Geocode For Payroll At The Work Order Level
Last updated on MAY 10, 2018
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Project Costing - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Enh 28001604 - NEED TO BE ABLE TO RECORD TIME BY WORK ORDER WHEN ENTRYING TIME MANUALLY
The P48014 is a Financial Work Order program and uses the Tax Expl Code and Tax Rate/Area (EXR1) and (TXA1) fields. These fields on this screen are not used by payroll and isn't used by the payroll system.
The payroll system can use the Geo Code # to look up the state and local tax rates. The Geo Coder is an automatic look-up that uses the zip code of each employee to automatically look up the tax rate.
On the time card a business unit can be entered that will pull the tax rates and different business units can be used to record time spent on each business unit/job. The payroll system uses the P0801 program to display the tax information it uses and if the Row Exit is used the Address Book and Nat/Fiscal Date can be used to view the tax rates for the employee. For the employee, the zip code is used so that the Geo Coder can be used. The Nat/Fiscal Date can be used to view the Tax Area (Residence) and the Tax Area (Work) which are the field that is used by the time entry process. The Tax Area field is the TARA field and that is the field that is used for time entry. The other fields EXR1 and TXA1 aren't used in payroll. In the P48014 the code is 9 digits in the payroll system it is 2.
It is not possible to use a subledger to have the system pull the correct tax rate based on geo code. This functionality does not exist. In payroll, time can be entered either by different jobs and is a manual process, but time can not be entered by subledger.
The subledger is used in parts of the payroll system when using Equipment Workorders. However, it is used to record what General Accounting account numbers the time should be recorded to and not the tax rate that needs to be used to calculate the taxes on the time card.
1. Have a contract with a utility to provide service work over a wide area.This service is in a state where PAYROLL local taxes can vary from town to town.
2. Have set up a job/business unit at the corporate town. The F0006 has the TA field in which we can place Vertex GeoCode.
3. We get a service call where a crew is required several miles away. In the work order we put in the Site Number. Would like the address for this site number to pull in the correct GeoCode. However I do not see the TA field in the address book.
4. Initial thought is to create a Job for every work order site in order for Vertex to work. This works but requires a lot of jobs to be entered.
5. Ideally, it would be nice to create who's who addresses for the work order site and it would pull in the correct Geocode.
6. Would like to enter the work order and type into the payroll time entry so that time can be recorded by job or by a work order number that would pull the different tax codes and calculate the correct payroll tax based on the location that the work is completed in.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms