E1: 34: P3411 Uses B/P MERL P48013 Uses BOM BREV To Populate WO Header Rev Level BREV
(Doc ID 2402612.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 04, 2019
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Requirements Planning - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Currently in 9.1 or 9.2 when a work order is created using i.e. ZJDE0001 version of P48013 Work Order Entry the Rev Level for the Bill Rev Level field BREV in the WO header Additional Details 1 Tab comes from the P3002 header Item Rev Level field BREV.
However if a work order header is created through answering an Order Message through MRP P3411 Work With Detail Messages that is calling the same version of P48013 i.e. ZJDE0001 the Rev Level for the Bill Rev Level field BREV in the WO header Additional Details 1 Tab comes from the Item Branch Plant / Additional Systems Info / Plant Manufacturing Tab / Item Revisions Level Field MERL.
If P3002 BREV in the BOM header has a different Rev Level i.e. C, than the Item Branch Plant field MERL i.e. D when work orders are created and printed through these two processes there is inconsistency of the Rev Level. When Users print their work orders using i.e. R31415 the Rev level printed on the work orders is inconsistent i.e. some are, C some are D.
Steps To Duplicate:
. Create an M Stocking Type parent item i.e. 51818 and a P Stocking Type component item i.e. 51818C in the Item Master and Branch Plant
2. Go to menu G3011 / P3002 and create a BOM for the parent item with the component item on the BOM.
3. Through the ECO process change the parent items BOM Rev Level to i.e. C. Note in the P3002 Header Item Rev Level field BREV should be update as i.e. C.
4. Go to Menu G4111 / P41026 and inquire on the Parent item. Select the item and Row Exit to Additional Systems Info then Change the Item Revision Level field MERL to Rev D click OK to Save.
5. Now go to menu G3111 / P48013 Work Order Entry Version ZJDE0001 and create a Work order header for the parent item i.e. 51818 Click OK to Save. Reinquire on the work order and go to the Additional Details Tab. Notice that the Bill Rev Level field BREV has been populated with Rev C from the P3002 / F3002 BOM Rev Level field BREV.
6. Now through the MRP process Create an Order Message for Parent Item i.e. 51818 in the P3411 Work With Detail Messages. Make sure the version of P3411 being used is calling the same version of P48013 Work Order Entry from above i.e. ZJDE0001. Now process the MRP order message to create a P48013 Work Order Header.
7. Inquire on the work order number created in P48013 and notice the work Order Header created by MRP P3411 Work With Detail Messages populates the Additional Details Tab Bill Rev Level field BREV with a D. This is coming from the Parent items Item Branch Planet Additional Systems Info / Item Revision Level field MERL field.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document